January 25, 2009

Another Valentines Day Card

Morning Bloggers and Happy Sunday! I was up early went to church and got my praise on with the Lord! I have to say that as I was sitting in church, I felt like the sermon was directed at me. I got so much from it.

The part that got me was when Father Mike said that “When all the world seems to be crashing down at your feet, know that God is with you, he won’t take something without giving back. God takes with one hand, but gives back with the other and it’s usually something better than what you had.” I wanted to jump and scream, AMEN! Hehehehe

So once I got home today, I cleaned the house, finished laundry, made breakfast and now I’m on my way to take Stefani to get her hair done. She goes once a week to have it washed and flat ironed. Her hair is so very naturally curly that I swear that I have carpel tunnel from trying to wash, blow dry and comb her hair. We have been getting her hair done for years now, thank goodness for the salon. I'll have to post a before pic of Stefani and an after, then you will see why I pay someone to do it for me ... hehe

So I did manage to get into my scrapbook room this morning and came up with the following card. I used a $1.00 stamp from Michaels; I embossed the image and used my H20’s to color it in. Hope you enjoy!


12 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the card:)

Lisa Brown said...

Toni---the card is lovely and the message wonderful and so true. I told a friend this week that God uses are lows to lift us back up.
God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!!!
Let Stefani know I feel her pain- I was that girl once until God led me to the salon and located me a straight iron.

I'll show you a pic someday-via private email, way too embarassing lol- ask Margie.

:)
Have a great week.

Sara

Jenny V. said...

I love your valentine card especially the glitter effects. Also the colors you chosen for the card is great. Brown and pink is my favorite color. Those $1 stamps are worth it, just need to make use of it.

Joy said...

so pretty...love that DP! I better get a move on...Valentines is right around the corner!

Julie Koerber said...

Darling card Miss Toni! And, I loved the part of the sermon you shared. Gosh, if we could only remember that when we feel beaten down. Truly beautiful! Have a good rest of the week and hang in there! :-)

JackieLou said...

Very cute card Toni... sorry haven't been visiting...
hugs,
jackielou

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Toni :) LOVE the fun color combination and sparkle!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Patti said...

Nice...

Come visit...newly loaded cards.

Ladybugsinthegarden.blogspot.com

Teri said...

Cute card Toni! You did a great job :)

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing the sermon... it's so true :) Your card is just darling!

BTW, thanks for your well wishes and sure glad to be back again.

B said...

Cute cute!